Subject: Re: git-svn: follow parent after the fact?

From: Steven Grimm <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 13:36:59 -0800

Eric Wong wrote:
> The final set of files at the latest (svn) revision was inconsistent?
> That should never happen...  If so, I'd very much like to look into this.
>   

Yes, that's right; there are about 50 files that were in the original 
trunk before it was renamed but weren't in the branch that became the 
new trunk. Those files are present in the git repo if I use plain 
git-svn fetch, but they're not there in an svn client or in a git repo 
where I've used --follow-parent.

So far I haven't been able to come up with a from-scratch test case to 
demonstrate this behavior. The svn repository in question, 
unfortunately, isn't a public one. I've asked the person in charge of 
the repo if he remembers what exactly he did at the time of the branch 
reorganization; so far every permutation I've tried in my test repo has 
worked fine and not had the problem, so something odd must have happened 
in that repo's history.

I'll follow up if/when I manage to get a good test case.