Subject: Re: git 1.4.4.2 is giving the following errors...

From: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 06:03:59 -0700

According to srinivas naga vutukuri on 12/20/2006 10:15 PM:
> Hi,
> 
>      I am new to git.
>> From the web site downloaded the 1.4.4.2 source and compiled on the
> cygwin environment.

Why not download the pre-compiled git 1.4.4.3 from cygwin, rather than
building it yourself?

> when am trying as an example to use the git,
> 
> ------------------------------------snip----------------------------------------------------------
> 
> sh-3.2$ git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/git/git.git
> : command not foundclone: line 7:

I wonder if you are suffering from corrupted line endings.  If your
scripts end up with DOS line endings, but you execute them on a cygwin
binary mount, then bash will happily treat those \r as literal characters
rather than ignored whitespace (similarly to how bash behaves on Linux
with \r characters, except that on Linux, people tend to not use DOS line
endings).

- --
Life is short - so eat dessert first!

Eric Blake             [email-masked]