Subject: [PATCH] Remove shadowing variable from traverse_trees()

From: René Scharfe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 19:33:36 +0100

The variable named entry is allocated using malloc() and then
forgotten, it being shadowed by an automatic variable of the
same name.  Fixing the array size at 3 worked so far because
the only caller of traverse_trees() needed only as much
entries.  Simply remove the shadowing varaible and we're able
to traverse more than three trees and save stack space at the
same time!

Signed-off-by: Rene Scharfe <[email-masked]>
---
 tree-walk.c |    1 -
 1 files changed, 0 insertions(+), 1 deletions(-)

diff --git a/tree-walk.c b/tree-walk.c
index 14cc5ae..22f4550 100644
--- a/tree-walk.c
+++ b/tree-walk.c
@@ -113,7 +113,6 @@ void traverse_trees(int n, struct tree_desc *t, const char *base, traverse_callb
 	struct name_entry *entry = xmalloc(n*sizeof(*entry));
 
 	for (;;) {
-		struct name_entry entry[3];
 		unsigned long mask = 0;
 		int i, last;