Subject: git.git missing recent revisions?

From: Steven Grimm <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 00:23:39 -0800

I noticed Junio's latest "what's in git.git" message listed my two 
patches, which surprised me since I do a pull at least once a day on my 
git source repo and hadn't seen them show up yet.

So I did a fresh clone:

$ git-clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/git/git.git/ git
$ cd git
$ git branch
* master

My changes aren't there. I looked at the headers of Junio's latest email 
message to see what my head revision should be (and by the way, putting 
the rev IDs there was a pretty cool idea!):

X-master-at: 13e86efbeae5994a85cc482b3964db7298c5c6ea
X-next-at: 71bb6ea083c59115d35c36f9bfd1986d30bf92e1

But "git-rev-list --all | grep 13e86efbeae5994a85cc482b3964db7298c5c6ea" 
doesn't return any results -- I don't have the current head in my 
freshly made clone. Here's what I see when I do "git-log | head -4" on 
master:

    commit 244a70e608204a515c214a11c43f3ecf7642533a
    Author: Luben Tuikov <[email-masked]>
    Date:   Thu Jan 4 18:37:45 2007 -0800

The latest rev on "next" isn't much newer:

    commit e0f60cf4d6caee4d81a50f6dba671c8cd94edb2e
    Merge: cc16482... e194cd1...
    Author: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
    Date:   Thu Jan 4 23:23:17 2007 -0800

So it looks like the public git.git repository hasn't been updated since 
Thursday night, and in particular doesn't contain my changes even though 
Junio's latest "what's in git.git" message says they should be in the 
master branch. Is that amount of latency expected, or is it a sign of 
something wrong? I'm running 1.4.4.1.g4d95 on OS X.

-Steve