Subject: Re: What's in git.git and announcing GIT v1.5.0-rc1

From: lamikr <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 01:36:09 +0200

Junio C Hamano wrote:
> The tip of 'master' branch is tagged as v1.5.0-rc1; this means a
> few things:
>   
Hi

Would it make sense to add something like this to the announcements as
it is not very easy to find references to the git-repository itself from
the net.

   You can get the git repository-itself by using a following commands

           git-clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/git/git.git git_repo

   After that you can switch to tagged version <v1.5.0-rc1> or sources
from the repository by using command

          git-checkout -f v1.5.0-rc1 master

   Alternatively you can download the tar packed version of sources from
      
          http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/

Mika