Subject: Re: [PATCH] Use standard -t option for touch.

From: Simon 'corecode' Schubert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 12:48:06 +0100

Johannes Schindelin wrote:
> Simon, please don't use "undisclosed recipients". After all, this is 
> _open_ source, and you make it really inconvenient to reply.

oh, sorry.  i just feed git-format-patch into sendmail. i'll need to teach git-send-email to accept - for stdin.

>> Non-GNU touch do not have the -d option to take free form
>> date strings.  The POSIX -t option should be more widespread.
>> For this to work, date needs to output YYYYMMDDHHMM.SS date strings.
> I just checked on an SGI machine, and it has "-t". In related news, it 
> also has /usr/bin/printf.

thanks for checking!

cheers
  simon

-- 
Serve - BSD     +++  RENT this banner advert  +++    ASCII Ribbon   /"\
Work - Mac      +++  space for low €€€ NOW!1  +++      Campaign     \ /
Party Enjoy Relax   |   http://dragonflybsd.org      Against  HTML   \
Dude 2c 2 the max   !   http://golden-apple.biz       Mail + News   / \