Subject: GIT 1.5.0-rc2 compiler warning

From: SungHyun Nam <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 10:08:14 +0900

Hello,

Use CYGWIN.

gcc -o utf8.o -c -O2 -DNO_D_TYPE_IN_DIRENT -DNO_SYMLINK_HEAD
-DNO_FAST_WORKING_DIRECTORY -DNO_IPV6 -DSHA1_HEADER='<openssl/sha.h>'
-DNO_STRCASESTR utf8.c
utf8.c: In function `wcwidth':
utf8.c:148: warning: comparison is always false due to limited range of
data type
utf8.c:148: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of
data type
utf8.c:149: warning: comparison is always false due to limited range of
data type
utf8.c:149: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of
data type
utf8.c: In function `reencode_string':
utf8.c:313: warning: passing arg 2 of `libiconv' from incompatible
pointer type

'gcc -E .... utf8.c' gives me:

# 325 "/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/stddef.h" 3 4
typedef short unsigned int wchar_t;

Regards,
namsh