Subject: Re: More precise tag following

From: Simon 'corecode' Schubert <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 20:12:05 +0100

Johannes Schindelin wrote:
>> Okay, let's try to assume for now that nobody said "git blame".  
>> Instead let's say:
>>
>> git rev-list and git log (with or without -p) perform poorly when 
>> invoked with a pathspec.
> 
> So what? You _will_ be interested in the _newest_ changes _99%_ of the 
> time. And for these you don't need to wait 1:18, but 0:00.01 or so.

not if you are interested which commit introduced/changed a particular line.

>> This particular file has 64 revisions.  However there are ~ 375000 
>> revisions in the converted repo.
> 
> "file version" trap! "file version" trap! "file version" trap!

call it path and retry.

-- 
Serve - BSD     +++  RENT this banner advert  +++    ASCII Ribbon   /"\
Work - Mac      +++  space for low €€€ NOW!1  +++      Campaign     \ /
Party Enjoy Relax   |   http://dragonflybsd.org      Against  HTML   \
Dude 2c 2 the max   !   http://golden-apple.biz       Mail + News   / \