Subject: Re: [PATCH] Make gitk work reasonably well on Cygwin.

From: Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 17:28:44 +0100

Mike Nefari wrote:
> 
> The gitk gui layout was completely broken on Cygwin. If gitk was started
> without previous geometry in ~/.gitk, the user could drag the window sashes
> to get a useable layout. However, if ~/.gitk existed, this was not possible
> at all.
> 
> The fix was to rewrite makewindow, changing the toplevel containers and
> the particular geometry information saved between sessions. Numerous bugs
> in both the Cygwin and the Linux Tk versions make this a delicate
> balancing act: the version here works in both but many subtle variants
> are competely broken in one or the other environment.

Your mailer has garbled your patch. But once this is fixed, it works
quite well, both on my Linux box with Tk 8.4, where gitk's layout was
suboptimal, as well as under MinGW, also with Tk 8.4.

Thank you, you saved my day!

-- Hannes