Subject: Re: mingw, windows, crlf/lf, and git

From: Mark Levedahl <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 22:21:08 -0500

Junio C Hamano wrote:
 > Mark Levedahl <[email-masked]> writes:
 >
 >> I am NOT intending to start a flamewar O:-) , so please don't turn
 >> this into one.
 >
 > Heh, a lofty goal.  And I am glad to see that a thread full of
 > constructive suggestion is already going on.
 >
 > So now I do not have to fear starting a flamewar; I can safely
 > vent.

Junio,

I meant absolutely no offense in anything I wrote, and sincerely 
apologize if any was taken. My past experiences caused me to be 
skeptical that a significant change to accommodate a very bad design of 
Windows would be accepted here. Happily, that skepticism was misplaced. 
I am much heartened by the responses, and am optimistic a good solution 
will be found that is acceptable to all. It is very clear that the group 
is open and supportive of working through the issues to help this, and I 
intend to contribute to that solution. (If nothing else, I would like to 
be known for something besides some modest ability to hack around Tk bugs).

So, I trust the flamethrowers can remain buried.

Mark