Subject: Re: darcs2git.py - convert darcs repository using gfi

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 23:42:14 +0100

Shawn O. Pearce escreveu:
>> The python script attached is a try at providing a sane
>> conversion from Darcs to GIT.  It tries to map darcs conflict
>> resolutions onto git branch merges.
> 
> Impressive.

If anyone's interested I've hacked at it some more, 
and the result is at 

  http://repo.or.cz/w/darcs2git.git

I've further improved the script so it generates nicer 
bifurcations, and does the conversion more incrementally as 
possible, and can be considered fast (as far as any darcs project
can be called fast) 

I've successfully converted a project containing
3000 patches with it.  

> This is harder than it sounds.  fast-import internally is built
> around the assumption of a branch, which has a name, and which lives
> in the branch LRU.  With the "from" command restriction lifted
> you can just import every single commit onto the same hardcoded
> branch name (e.g. DARCS_HEAD) then delete it when you are done
> (e.g. rm .git/DARCS_HEAD).  That's basically the same thing as an

will this be in git v1.5 ?

-- 
 Han-Wen Nienhuys - [email-masked] - http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanwen