Subject: Re: mingw, windows, crlf/lf, and git

From: Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 17:16:03 +0100

Linus Torvalds wrote:
> 
> On Tue, 13 Feb 2007, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> >
> > Thanks, applied.  I think git-apply has separate codepaths for
> > both reading and writing; I won't look into them before 1.5.0
> > but people are welcome to help advancing the cause before I get
> > to it ;-).
> 
> Actually, I did it myself.
> 
> This is a "lazy man's auto-CRLF", and it really is pretty simple.

Thanks a lot, busy beaver! I gave this a quick spin with a few
interesting operations: merges and rebase. Merges leave the merge
results with only LFs behind. Rebasing seems to work as expected
(working files have CRLFs), except when merges are needed.

Doesn't git-unpack-file also need to call into the converter?

-- Hannes