Subject: Re: mingw, windows, crlf/lf, and git

From: Mark Levedahl <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 12:28:22 -0500

Johannes Schindelin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, Mark Levedahl wrote:
>   
> This sounds regretfully complex. Somebody (you?) mentioned that cvsnt does 
> a kick-ass job here. Does cvsnt need strategies? I don't think so. Neither 
> do we. Someone who cares enough should just rip^H^H^Hlook at cvsnt's text 
> detection.
>
> Ciao,
> Dscho
>   
I agree that is complex, I started thinking of PAM when I wrote that, 
leading to, "this aint gonna work." But in the modern day let's all feel 
good spirit of "there are no stupid ideas, just some are better" I threw 
it out anyway.

As to cvsnt, my actual feeling is I'd like to kick it in the ass, it has 
destroyed too many files for me over the years, binary and text, so I 
don't think its strategies are very good. That is why I'm kicking these 
ideas around, if I thought I knew the "right" way I would have written 
it already.

Mark