Subject: MinGW port updated to GIT 1.5.0

From: Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 13:19:33 +0100

I've merged GIT 1.5.0 into the MinGW port. It is available at the usual
location:

pull/clone: git://repo.or.cz/git/mingw.git
gitweb:     http://repo.or.cz/w/git/mingw.git

It contains an important fix (MinGW specific): Earlier versions could
sometimes create temporary files read-only instead of read-writable.

WARNING!

The MinGW port does not support symbolic links, but the git.git itself
now contains a symbolic link (RelNotes). For this reason, you cannot
successfully pull this version's "master" branch to your Windows box and
expect it to work. The "devel" branch has the symbolic link removed, so
it can at least be checked out. For other operations you may enounter an
error like this:

bad tree object: 4571d0d1cfb5a4170dfc80e9654228acae295129

I'm working on a solution. The general idea is to extend the meaning of
`core.filemode = false` to check out symbolic links as plain files. Any
hints about where the source code needs changes are welcome.

-- Hannes