Subject: removal of "percent done" messages from git pull

From: Larry Streepy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 10:48:43 -0600

I run a nightly script to build and test our product.  I capture all the 
output and email it to interested parties.  One very annoying thing is the 
"percent done" messages that come out of git pull.  It results in log files 
that look like this:

+ git pull
remote: Generating pack...
remote: Done counting 204 objects.
Result has 107 objects.
Deltifying 107 objects.
    0% (1/107) done   1% (2/107) done   2% (3/107) dremote: one   3% 
(4/107) done   4% (5/107) done   5% (6/107) done   6% (7/107) done   7% 
(8/107) done   8% (9/107) done   9% (10/remote: 107) done  10% (11/107) 
done  11% (12/107) done  12% (13/107) done  13% (14/107) done  14% (15/107) 
done  15% (17/107) donremote: e  16% (18/107) done  17% (19/107) done  18% 
(20/107) done  19% (21/107) done  20% (22/107) done  21% (23/107) done  22% 
remote: (24/107) done  23% (25/107) done  24% (26/107) done  25% (27/107) 
done  26% (28/107) done  27% (29/107) done  28% (30/107)remote:  done  29% 
(32/107) done  30% (33/107) done  31% (34/107) done  32% (35/107) done  33% 
(36/107) done  34% (37/107) done  remote: 35% (38/107) done  36% (39/107) 
done  37% (40/107) done  38% (41/107) done  39% (42/107) doneremote:   40% 
(43/107) doneremote:   41% (44/107) doneremote:   42% (45/107) doneremote: 
   43% (47/107) doneremote:   44% (48/107) doneremote:   !
  45% (49/107) doneremote:   46% (50/107) doneremote:   47% (51/107) 
doneremote:   48% (52/107) doneremote:   49% (53/107) doneremote:   50% 
(54/107) doneremote:   51% (55/107) doneremote:   52% (56/107) doneremote: 
   53% (57/107) doneremote:   54% (58/107) doneremote:   55% (59/107) 
doneremote:   56% (60/107) doneremote:   57% (61/107) doneremote:   58% 
(63/107) doneremote:   59% (64/107) doneremote:   60% (65/107) doneremote: 
   61% (66/107) doneremote:   62% (67/107) done  63% (68/107) doneremote: 
  64% (69/107) doneremote:   65% (70/107) doneremote:   66% (71/107) 
doneremote:   67% (72/107) done  68% (73/107) done  69% (74/107) done  70% 
(75/107) done  71% (76/107) doneremote:   72% (78/107) done  73% (79/107) 
done  74% (80/107) done  75% (81/107) done  76% (82/107) done  77% (83/107) 
done  78% (8remote: 4/107) done  79% (85/107) done  80% (86/107) done  81% 
(87/107) done  82% (88/107) done  83% (89/107) done  84% (90/107) dremote: on!
  e  85% (91/107) done  86% (93/107) done  87% (94/107) done!
    88% (9
5/107) done  89% (96/107) done  90% (97/107) done  91remote: % (98/107) 
done  92% (99/107) done  93% (100/107) done  94% (101/107) done  95% 
(102/107) done  96% (103/107) done  97% (1remote: 04/107) done  98% 
(105/107) done  99% (106/107) done 100% (107/107) done
Unpacking 107 objects
remote: Total 107, written 107 (delta 70), reused 78 (delta 41)

I have found no way to make these messages go away.  When running in a 
"batch" mode, IMHO, interactive messages like these should not be emitted. 
  At least there should be a switch to suppress them.

Have I missed the magic switch that will accomplish this?

Larry.

P.S. I'm using 1.4.4.1