Subject: Re: [PATCH] Allow passing of an alternative CVSROOT via -d.

From: Martin Langhoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 18:25:32 +1300

Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
> This is necessary if using CVS in an asymmetric fashion, i.e. when the
> CVSROOT you are checking out from differs from the CVSROOT you have to
> commit to.

I guess you have an anon checkout and then use CVSROOT at commit time to
switch to cvs-over-ssh perhaps even on a different server. In-te-rest-ing.

I've never in my life used cvs this way -- or thought something like
this would work. But if it works for you, I can only ACK it ;-)

is "Assymmetric CVS" a known term for this practice? If not, it might be
useful to flesh out what this is for in the docs.

m
-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Martin @ Catalyst .Net .NZ  Ltd, PO Box 11-053, Manners St,  Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/           PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
OFFICE: +64(4)916-7224  UK: 0845 868 5733 ext 7224  MOB: +64(21)364-017
      Make things as simple as possible, but no simpler - Einstein
-----------------------------------------------------------------------