Subject: Re: [PATCH/RFC] Have git-cvsserver call hooks/update before really altering the ref

From: Martin Langhoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 09:59:28 +1300

Junio C Hamano wrote:
> I suspect Martin and Martyn chose 1 to match EPERM (I am looking
> at /usr/include/asm-generic/errno-base.h), and I think your new
> error case falls into EPERM category as well.  Since your patch
> is currently queued in 'pu', I can just go ahead and fix it
> myself with "git commit --amend", but an Ack from down under
> would certainly be appreciated ;-).

ACK -- we were either smart in using EPERM or, more likely, super smart
in forcing an error against a real CVS server and watching what it did.

It's better than saying "I don't remember" in any case.

(Sorry about the delay, justback from holidays)

cheers

m
-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Martin @ Catalyst .Net .NZ  Ltd, PO Box 11-053, Manners St,  Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/           PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
OFFICE: +64(4)916-7224  UK: 0845 868 5733 ext 7224  MOB: +64(21)364-017
      Make things as simple as possible, but no simpler - Einstein
-----------------------------------------------------------------------