Subject: Re: [PATCH] git-bundle: fix pack generation.

From: Mark Levedahl <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 22:50:57 -0500

Johannes Schindelin wrote:
> Have you tried "make test"? In particular, t5510-fetch.sh?
>
> If it passes, git-bundle works at least for one particular case, and I'd 
> suspect then that the inbuilt GIT_EXEC_PATH bites you. To avoid that 
> particular peculiarity, just "export GIT_EXEC_PATH=/path/to/next/", and 
> try again.
>
> Hiw,
> Dscho
Yes, setting GIT_EXEC_PATH fixed the problem, thanks.

I just tried git-bundle in a repository where I just committed 1 file, 
the previous commit is several weeks old.

git-bundle create test.bdl HEAD --since=1.day.ago  ==>> pack with 1531 
objects
git-bundle create test.bdl HEAD ^HEAD~1            ==>> pack with 3 objects

But, both should only have 3 objects. So, I think the boundary marking 
with date limiting still has a problem. Apparently, every blob 
supporting the included commits are included in the pack, even if those 
blobs are also part of the pack's prerequisites.

Mark