Subject: Re: git-upload-pack: the timeout gets corrupted?!

From: "H. Peter Anvin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 01:23:59 -0800

Junio C Hamano wrote:
> 
>> The process spends effectively forever waiting in on the fflush() in
>> show_commit() (in upload-pack.c); /proc/*/fd shows it is trying to
>> write to a pipe, but I'm not sure what is at the other end of that
>> same pipe.
> 
> The process forks and the one that runs show_commit() is running
> rev-list internally while the other end is a pack-objects that
> reads from it and sends its output back to the client.
> 

Now, given that the fact that the git-pack-object process has already 
died, normally one would expect the write() to get SIGPIPE which would 
kill the process.  Does git-upload-pack not close the read end of the 
pipe in the writer?  From the looks of the fd directory, I would say it 
does not.

	-hpa