Subject: Re: Git / Subversion Interoperability

From: Sam Vilain <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 15:06:51 +1200

Shawn O. Pearce wrote:
> That is not a bad idea at all.  We could easily do
>
>   svn:executable -> (mode & 0111);
>   svn:ignore -> .gitignore;
>
> I'm sure there are others, but they are the only two Karl mentioned,
> and that I know of off the top of my head.  ;-)
>
> Additional random properties could just be written out to .gitsvnprop
> in the parent directory.
>   

There are also the important properties "svk:merge" and "svnmerge",
which allow you to notate when a revision has an extra parent.  SVK
and/or svnmerge should then be able to use the extra merge information
without any extra work.  Additionally, people might want to push back
with these properties.

Sam.