Subject: Re: Anyone running GIT on native Windows

From: Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 14:01:03 +0200

Marco Costalba wrote:
> 
> On 5/7/07, Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > Aaron Gray wrote:
> > > What I want is to be able to work in Windows CMD and envoke .sh scripts by
> > > association (unfortunately you have to add the .sh on the command name
> > > though).
> >
> > I run the mingw port exclusively from CMD without a .sh association. So
> > exclusively that I don't even know whether any other way of using the
> > tools even works. Of course, you have to get used to
> >
> 
> Is it public available?

gitweb: http://repo.or.cz/w/git/mingw.git
clone:  git://repo.or.cz/git/mingw.git

I only have either time to hack on mingw.git or a Windows installation,
but not both at the same time. Therefore, the port is now a bit falling
back (it's still at 1.5.1). I hope to be able to change this in a few
weeks.

The next big thing to think about is an installer. Does anyone have a
suggestion for a free installer tool? I only know about Microsoft's WiX
(wix.sf.net), but it requires .NET (for the developer, not the user).

-- Hannes