Subject: Re: Anyone running GIT on native Windows

From: Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 09:08:01 +0200

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> I packaged Mingw GIT using NSIS some time ago; see
> 
>   http://lilypond.org/git/binaries/mingw/
> 
> Due various personal reasons, I haven't been able to update this, but I
> will package a new version soon. Please try it to see whether there are
> any rough edges.

I've tried this shortly after you released it. But it did not work as
expected. The symtom was (IIRC) that a simple

   git init

said that 'init' is not a git-command. I tried this from CMD, not rxvt.

There are meanwhile a number of improvements in the port that support
relocation (i.e. an arbitrary installation directory). Could you please
package the latest version from the 'devel' branch?

  git://repo.or.cz/git/mingw.git

-- Hannes