Subject: Re: git rebase chokes on directory -> symlink -> directory

From: "H. Peter Anvin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 09:58:23 -0700

Alex Riesen wrote:
> On 5/9/07, H. Peter Anvin <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> Mine stops already at the directory -> symlink checkin (the above is the
>> symlink -> directory one), but your trick of using "git checkout" as a
>> trick to resolve things helped for both... eventually :-/
>>
> 
> Hmm. What Git version do you have?

Not sure anymore, because I ran a systemwide upgrade late last night.
*Now* I have git-1.5.1.4, but I think I had 1.5.1.2 before.

>> Either way, it's still a bug that it stops for either checkin, ...
> 
> Right. And because it is a bug, I'd like to have it fixed.
> So, what did you do in that fixup?

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand the question, in particular, I'm
getting the feeling I'm not sure what "that fixup" refers to.

	-hpa