Subject: Re: Recent issues

From: Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 13:03:43 +0200

Paul Mackerras wrote:
> 
> Johannes Sixt writes:
> 
> > In general, there is a big down-side, although I don't know if this
> > particular case is affected: --pretty=raw prints the parents noted in
> > the commit object, but not those from .git/info/grafts.
> 
> Are you referring to the parents listed on the "commit" line when you
> have the --parents flag, or the parents listed on "parent" lines in
> the commit?  Gitk uses the former, and I hope that does in fact
> reflect grafts.  It certainly reflects the "logical" topology when
> using path limiting.

It seems that git log --parents --pretty=raw prints the "logical" parent
in the "commit" line, i.e. the grafted parent, but the real parent in
the "parent" lines.

Since gitk uses the "commit" line, all is well. Please ignore my
comment.

-- Hannes