Subject: Re: Per-file, possibly even per-hunk cherry picking

From: Sam Vilain <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 00:48:15 +1200

Sam Vilain wrote:
> I'm interested in extending the cherry analysis to allow specification
> of the diff options used when calculating diff IDs, presenting the
> calculated diff IDs for analysis by external tools, and even calculating
> and dealing with per-hunk diff IDs.
>   

On reflection I think so long as --cherry-pick works together with a
file selection, it would probably be enough.

ie, if I have these commits:

A---B
 \
  \
   C

B changes a file foo.c, adding a line of text.  C changes foo.c as well
as bar.c, but the change in foo.c was identical to change B.

I want this to show me nothing:

  git-rev-list --left-right --cherry-pick B...C -- foo.c

Would it be the right approach to put this information in ids->diffopts,
or somewhere else?

Sam.