Subject: Re: CVS -> SVN -> Git

From: Simon 'corecode' Schubert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 21:15:23 +0200

Julian Phillips wrote:
> Has anyone managed to succssfully import a Subversion repository that 
> was initially imported from CVS using cvs2svn using fast-import?
> 
> It looks like cvs2svn has created a rather big mess.   It has created 
> single commits that change files in more than one branch and/or tag. It 
> also creates tags using more than one commit.  Now I come to try and 
> import the Subversion history into git and I'm having trouble creating a 
> sensible stream to feed into fast-import.

Did you try first converting the old CVS repo to git and then adding the svn changes?  That might give you much better results.

cheers
  simon

-- 
Serve - BSD     +++  RENT this banner advert  +++    ASCII Ribbon   /"\
Work - Mac      +++  space for low €€€ NOW!1  +++      Campaign     \ /
Party Enjoy Relax   |   http://dragonflybsd.org      Against  HTML   \
Dude 2c 2 the max   !   http://golden-apple.biz       Mail + News   / \