Subject: Feedback on native Win32 git from a Perl perspective

From: Adam Kennedy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 18:04:15 +1000

It was suggested that this link be fired through to this address.

http://use.perl.org/~Alias/journal/33825

A quick review of native Win32 git provoked by the current conversation 
amoungst the Perl core maintainers about changing version control 
systems and whether to go with svn or git (the main two candidates).

This review is utterly unrelated to whether or not central or 
distributed version control is better, and utterly unrelated to the 
features of git itself, and refer only to the native Win32 git 
installer/package itself.

For reference, the reviewer (me) has 10 years of experience with Perl 
development across both Windows, Linux, BSD, Solaris, Mac (old and new).

I'm also a CPAN administrator, Perl toolchain maintainer, author of 
about 150 cross-platform Perl packages on the CPAN, and creator of the 
"Strawberry Perl" Win32 Perl distribution and win32.perl.org website.

If you have any follow up, please CC me.

Thanks

Adam Kennedy