Subject: Re: MinGW build environment for Git

From: Marius Storm-Olsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 07:15:40 +0200

Dmitry Kakurin said the following on 30.07.2007 01:14:
> I want to be able to build MinGW port of Git on Windows. I've tried
> to follow steps in README.MinGW to setup this environment myself
> (install MinGW, MSys, ZLib etc.) but after wasting a lot of time
> with no result I give up. So, could somebody please just pkzip
> their environment (everything required) and share the zip file with
> me (privately or publicly)? I also think that an even better idea
> is to create a new Git repository with MinGW build environment.
> This will make contributing to MinGW port of Git MUCH easier.

Hi Dmitry,

Aaron has done this, and you can find the link on his blog, here:
     http://www.ekips.org/cgi-bin/aaron.cgi/2007/02/27

The archive's compressed with 7zip, so you'll need that to decompress 
it. (http://www.7-zip.org/)

Direct link to the archive:
     http://inkscape.modevia.com/git/mingw4git.7z

Good luck!
-- 
.marius