Subject: Re: rc4 - make quick-install-doc is broken

From: Mark Levedahl <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2007 12:00:48 -0400

Johannes Schindelin wrote:
> Could it be that you did not find this commit by bisecting the issue?  I 
> highly doubt that said commit changes anything in the build process.
>
> Ciao,
> Dscho
>
>   
<snip ...>

git>git bisect good
6490a3383f1d0d96c122069e510ef1af1d019fbb is first bad commit
commit 6490a3383f1d0d96c122069e510ef1af1d019fbb
Author: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date:   Thu Aug 2 15:10:56 2007 -0700

    Fix work-tree related breakages

    In set_work_tree(), variable rel needs to be reinitialized to
    NULL on every call (it should not be static).

    Make sure the incoming dir variable is not too long before
    copying to the temporary buffer, and make sure chdir to the
    resulting directory succeeds.

    This was spotted and fixed by Alex and Johannes in a handful
    patch exchanges.  Here is the final version.

    Signed-off-by: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
    Acked-by: Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]>

:100644 100644 3653092ab657942639b6183fb04b3af783b77e7a 
4945eb3134c3e047f54e51db25cd0aa81d9c47d7 M      setup.c