Subject: Re: repo.or.cz wishes?

From: Sam Vilain <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 14:40:43 +1200

Petr Baudis wrote:
>   Hi,
>
>   I've just finally killed the HTTP auth for project administration that
> was destroying everyone's lives, and added support for resetting
> forgotten passwords, two main things that seemed to be the popular nits
> of the repo.or.cz audience.
>
>   So now I wonder, what is the thing you miss most there? Any cool stuff
> repo.or.cz could (preferrably easily) do and doesn't?
>
>   And please don't ask for smaller roundtrip times of requests for
> administrator assistance. ;-)
>   

I'd like to see the service mirrored, including potentially a repository
which contains the meta/auth information (sans password hashes, perhaps)
for admins on accounts.

This of course opens a large can of worms when it comes to achieving
decentralization of the service as a whole, however I think those
questions will be best answered once the information is available for
setting up mirrors.

I've also got hardware, bandwidth and some tuits.

Sam.