Subject: Re: Git User's Survey 2007 partial summary

From: Gábor Farkas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 15:31:23 +0200

Mike Hommey wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 01:28:39PM +0200, Gábor Farkas <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Jakub Narebski wrote:
>>> I wonder if PyGTK is as portable as Tcl/Tk...
>> GTK does not run natively on osx, tcl/tk does.
> 
> Maybe you're not aware of http://developer.imendio.com/projects/gtk-macosx
> 

no, i am aware of it, i even mentioned it in my mail, in the P.S. section

> or try to make it run with the gtk-osx port, which is incomplete :) 

for example, on this page:
http://developer.imendio.com/projects/gtk-macosx/build-instructions

they write:
"
NOTE: This is mainly meant for developers wanting to help out with GTK+ 
Mac OS X, not for users. The port is not yet finished or usable for 
mainstream use.
"

gabor