Subject: Re: Git cheat sheet

From: Dan Zwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 19:49:43 -0400

Zack Rusin wrote:
> Hey, 
> 
> I took a short break from being insanely handsome (which takes a lot of my 
> time - gorgeous doesn't just happen) and based on similar work for Mercurial 
> created a little SVG cheat sheet for Git.
...
> The SVG is at:
> http://ktown.kde.org/~zrusin/git/git-cheat-sheet.svg
> Sample png's are here:
> http://ktown.kde.org/~zrusin/git/git-cheat-sheet-medium.png
> http://ktown.kde.org/~zrusin/git/git-cheat-sheet-large.png
> 

I noticed that the cheat sheet listed the options "--theirs", "--ours", 
and "--base" for git-diff. These aren't in git-diff's manpage. A little 
grep-fu showed me that these are options of git-diff-files, but 
shouldn't they be documented with the porcelain, if the porcelain 
accepts them as options? (I normally use a text editor to view and 
resolve conflicts, but the presence of these options on a cheat sheet 
indicates that they are somewhat important.)

Thanks,
Dan