Subject: Re: MinGW merge plans, was Re: [PATCH 1/2] Introduces xmkstemp()

From: Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 15:13:54 +0200

[I fscked up my email address in my news reader setup. This mail is sent 
from a correct one. Sorry to all who might have received bounces.]

Johannes Schindelin schrieb:
> Hi,
> 
> On Fri, 31 Aug 2007, Marius Storm-Olsen wrote:
> 
>> We really need to streamline the patches needed for MinGW, and get
>> those merged into upstream when 1.5.3 is released.
> 
> Okay, with 1.5.3 just about to break free, I think we can think about
> what to do to flood the mailing list with MinGW compatibility
> patches.

Thanks for summarizing the changes and things to do. I'll respond to
this with more details later this evening, but only to the msysgit list.
(Interested parties are encouraged to join the list - see
http://groups.google.com/group/msysgit).

I've started to rearrange patches and separate out stuff that is not
MinGW specific, but this effort has stalled. I'm waiting for a new
notebook to arrive so that I can continue it during off-work hours.

-- Hannes