Subject: Re: [RFC] Convert builin-mailinfo.c to use The Better String Library.

From: Andreas Ericsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 16:56:16 +0200

Steven Burns wrote:
>> a = b + "/share/" + c + serial_num;
>>
>> where you can have absolutely no idea how many memory allocations are
>> done, due to type coercions, overloaded operators
> 
> You are assuming (incorrectly) everybody will use dumb string classes like 
> that.
> 

Not really. He said "It's way to easy for idiots to do something like this:"
just prior to the line you quoted. I wholeheartedly agree, but in no way
does anyone assume that everybody will use dumb string classes.

I'm sure it's perfectly possible to write properly functioning programs in
C++. I know I use a few of them myself. That doesn't change the fact that
it's an idiot-friendly language to write code in that's extremely annoying
for competent programmers to fix up later.

-- 
Andreas Ericsson                   [email-masked]
OP5 AB                             www.op5.se
Tel: +46 8-230225                  Fax: +46 8-230231