Subject: Re: [PATCH] Use "" instead of "<unknown>" for placeholders

From: Michal Vitecek <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 10:53:41 +0200

Junio C Hamano wrote:
>>>>>> I made it because I want to use my own pretty format which currently 
>>>>>> only allows '%s' for subject and '%b' for body. But '%b' is 
>>>>>> substituted with <undefined> if the body is "missing" which I 
>>>>>> obviously don't like :)
>>>>> Then you should fix %b not to show "<undefined>".
>>>>  I'll do it if it is okay. Shall I do the same for the other
>>>>  placeholders as well?
>>> Yeah.  Don't know why I did it that way.
>>  Here comes the big patch :)
> 
> Now, this breaks t6006 which needs this patch.

Oops - I'm sorry about that. I ran the test suite (1.5.3.1) but it 
failed in 2 tests before the patch and in 2 tests after it so I 
considered it okay.

> Looking at this patch, I am not sure if your change is really a
> desirable one --- shouldn't it be removing the line itself, not
> just <unknown> token?

This sounds as the best solution. I'll look into it. Thanks for your time.

-- 
		fuf					([email-masked])