Subject: Re: Mergetool generating blank files (1.5.3)

From: Russ Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 14:00:39 -0500

Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 06:31:19PM +0000, Kelvie Wong wrote:
>> At work, I've been using a git-svn import for my daily workflow (still
>> somewhat of a git newbie, but now has come to the point where it's
>> tough to work without it), and while rebasing from svn (on a rather
>> old branch), I found that the mergetool option does not work too well
>> for me.
> 
>   Which tool are you using ? kdiff3 ? I've noticed that it often fails
> miserably, or worse, create bad merges silentely with it.
> 
>   And as none of the other merge tool that are supported are able to
> either do 3way merges, or have a decent UI (that definitely seems to be
> exclusive features) I've given up on git-mergetool (and to be fair, it
> sucks, because it could be _sooo_ useful sometimes).
> 

What about meld? That does 3-way merge, and the UI is fine.

-- 

Russ