Subject: Re: Status of Mac OS/X ports of git and cogito?

From: Martin Langhoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 18:59:02 +1200

I am running git/cogito on MacOSX 10.3.x mostly as a client, and it
works pretty well. My main dev machines are Debian boxes, so the OSX
build is most often just fetching commits and running cg-log. So it's
not very intensive ;)

I get all my build dependencies from Fink, and also get diffutils from
Fink, as the diff included in MacOSX is old/buggy. The one in Fink's
diffutils matches GIT's expectations ;)

There is _one_ bug I've seen with cg-diff and I haven't had time to
fix. On OSX, running cg-diff with no parameters doesn't show anything.
For some reason, it fails to list the files. If you give it the paths
explicitly, it'll give you the appropriate diff.

And there is a problem with gitk too: the tk that I get from fink gets
the panels sizes all wrong for gitk. I doubt this is a bug in gitk
though.

cheers,

martin 

On 8/27/05, John Ellson <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Do git and cogito build easily on Mac OS/X now?   Are there binaries available
> anywhere?
> 
> 
> John
> 
> -
> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe git" in
> the body of a message to [email-masked]
> More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
>