Subject: Re: First cut at git port to Cygwin

From: Martin Langhoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 16:46:51 +1200

On 9/29/05, H. Peter Anvin <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Another funny which I haven't been able to figure out yet is that 'gitk'
> scrunches all its output up into a few pixels at the top of the window.
>   If I maximize the window, I can manually resize most of the panes and
> the output looks correct

This is visible on OSX too, and someone's mentioned it's a Tk oddity
with rootless X. Does it do the same if you run X with a root window?

> I have set up a git-on-Cygwin temporary tree at:
>
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/git/git-cygwin.git

Getting a 404 on that. Doesn't show up on gitweb either. I guess I
have to wait...

Is there a way to get gitweb to "compare" branches using git-cherry? I
often look at branches via git-web and it's impossible to tell what
makes them unique...

cheers,

martin