Subject: Missing tags from git-clone, but not git-clone -l ?

From: "Gerald (Jerry) Carter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2007 13:23:43 -0500

Hello,

I'm really a but stumped on this one.  I've got a set of tags
(created by git-svnimport):

  $ git tag -l release-4*
  release-4-0-0tp1
  release-4-0-0tp2
  release-4-0-0tp3
  release-4-0-0tp4

but when I "git-clone samba-svnimport tags-test"", one tag
is missing.

  $ git tag -l release-4*
  release-4-0-0tp2
  release-4-0-0tp3
  release-4-0-0tp4

Running git-clone -l works as expected (i.e. the tp1 tag appears
in the clone).

Here's some more info about the tag in the original svnimport
repo:

$ ls -l .git/refs/tags/
total 0

$ grep release-4 .git/packed-refs
2fbd67786af06b8f5184048d997b660cbd80cbc4 refs/tags/release-4-0-0tp1
a786f423d6dee793418e8c6591f9b962c0fa96bc refs/tags/release-4-0-0tp2
1fea21bffc836a28e3e86e930d3d9fca85590ae6 refs/tags/release-4-0-0tp3
c58417a9934d3c1f04becb542a9fb6334a07f19d refs/tags/release-4-0-0tp4

$ for h in `grep release-4 .git/packed-refs | awk '{print $1}'`; \
  do git-cat-file -t $h; done
tag
tag
tag
tag

Any suggestions on how to debug this?   Am I just misunderstanding
something about tags?

cheers, jerry
=====================================================================
Samba                                    ------- http://www.samba.org
Centeris                         -----------  http://www.centeris.com
"What man is a man who does not make the world better?"      --Balian