Subject: Re: Switching from CVS to GIT

From: Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 08:29:32 +0200

Shawn O. Pearce schrieb:
> Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>> Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>> Unfortunately, "Fetch" does not yet work[*] from within git-gui, so you 
>>>> have to fall back to git-fetch on the command line.
>> It's the scripted fetch that does not work. The symptom is that the output 
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> of at least one of the commands (upload-pack, I think, because what I see 
>> is wire protocol) goes to a newly spawned console instead of wherever it 
>> was redirected to.
>>
>> I didn't bother reporting since builtin-fetch is on the way (which will 
>> hopefully make this a moot point) and our team here is comfortable with 
>> calling git fetch on the command line.
> 
> Hmm.  The way the builtin-fetch works this shouldn't happen, but
> I'd appreciate it if you could test and report back before that
> topic merges into master.

This happens with git 1.5.3 plus the git-gui that comes with that.

FWIW, I'm in the process of merging master of git.git into git/mingw.git, 
and then the builtin-fetch series (because on top of that there is my 
fork/exec removal series, which I'd like to adjust for Windows). And *then* 
I'll be able to report back to you.

-- Hannes