Subject: Re: How to Import a bitkeeper repo into git

From: Andreas Ericsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 19:05:23 +0200

Marco Costalba wrote:
> On 10/16/07, Pete/Piet Delaney <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>> Would it be worthwhile
>> to install Qt4 from src and try to use qgit-2.0?
>>
> 
> Yes it is. There are a lot of new featrures, is almost as stable as
> the previous and if you are interested in file history (annotations)
> in qgit-2.0 this feature has been greatly speeded up.
> 

The only thing I really, really, really don't like about qgit4 is the
fact that it fudges up the commit-message. I've been trying for two
days to get rid of the HTML output, but I just can't get it done
without the signed-off-by email being enclosed in &lt;&gt; tags.

Marco, is there any chance you could make the old commit-message view
an option? Especially, the subject line should really, really be at the
bottom, with the rest of the message-text (although I liked the other
view without the colored box a lot more). The little arrows in the
commit window are also fairly annoying, as one quite quickly understands
that up-/down-arrows work much better for that sort of stuff anyway.

I'm at my wits end wrt c++ and qt, and can't for the life of me think of
how to make it an option :(

-- 
Andreas Ericsson                   [email-masked]
OP5 AB                             www.op5.se
Tel: +46 8-230225                  Fax: +46 8-230231