Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (topics)

From: Andreas Ericsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 20:27:44 +0200

Scott Parish wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 05:51:28AM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> 
>> * js/PATH (Sun Oct 21 22:59:01 2007 +0100) 1 commit
>>  - execv_git_cmd(): also try PATH if everything else fails.
>>
>> I do not quite get why this is needed; need to go back to the
>> discussion myself.  On the other hand, I found the alternative
>> approach suggested on the list very interesting (i.e. instead of
>> "also try", just letting exec*p use PATH, relying on the fact
>> that we do prepend-to-path anyway).  What happened to it?  Was
>> there a downside?
> 
> The main downside that was raised was MingW compatibility, but
> Schindelin and Sixt both said that it could wait until further
> work is done porting to MingW.
> 
> Should i resend my string of patches? I've seen people numbering
> their patches, should i do that as well?
> 

'git format-patch -n' will do it for you. I take it you've found
out about git-send-email already?

-- 
Andreas Ericsson                   [email-masked]
OP5 AB                             www.op5.se
Tel: +46 8-230225                  Fax: +46 8-230231