Subject: Re: remote#branch

From: Andreas Ericsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 08:29:52 +0100

Mike Hommey wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 10:03:16AM +0100, Andreas Ericsson <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>> Or copied from gitweb.
>>>
>> Perhaps, but I've never seen that done. Partly because you can't be sure
>> the HTTP url is the same as the git address (perhaps people are used to
>> this from CVS and the likes), and partly because you'd, for most cases,
>> want to use git:// or ssh transport instead of http.
>>
>> It might be nifty to have gitweb print some git-valid locator for a repo
>> though, or even a full copy-pastable "git clone git://host/path/to/repo.git"
>> command-line thingie. I'll look into it when I have leisure.
> 
> Hum... it already does print http and git "Mirror URL"s which are ready to
> be copy/pasted to feed git clone arguments.
> 

True that. I went looking for such an option a long time ago and didn't find
it. I should do my research better.

-- 
Andreas Ericsson                   [email-masked]
OP5 AB                             www.op5.se
Tel: +46 8-230225                  Fax: +46 8-230231