Subject: Re: [PATCH] git-format-patch: Number patches when there are more than one

From: Andreas Ericsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 10:49:23 +0100

Johannes Schindelin wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> On Sat, 3 Nov 2007, Andreas Ericsson wrote:
> 
>> Every piece of DWIM can be translated as "do what I didn't say". If you 
>> had to say it, it wouldn't be DWIM after all.
> 
> At some point, though, it becomes a "Do what _I_ (and nobody else does, or 
> at least what a substantial part of the rest of the world did not) mean", 
> and that point is reached here and now.
> 

Every piece of dwimmery is suggested by someone and usually backed by a few,
so it's likely wanted by many. Your ultra-conserative "works for *me*, so
shut up and stop trying to change things" means git really has to be flawless.
For you, that is. For others, there are still things to improve. I'd
appreciate if you could losen the "MY playpen" a little though, as it takes
an awful lot of energy from the constructive discussions.

> Wow.  I did not think I had to explain _that_.
> 

Dito.

-- 
Andreas Ericsson                   [email-masked]
OP5 AB                             www.op5.se
Tel: +46 8-230225                  Fax: +46 8-230231