Subject: Re: Why is --pretty=format: so slow?

From: René Scharfe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 14:53:39 +0100

Junio C Hamano schrieb:
> René Scharfe <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>> Incidentally, I'm finishing a patch series to add git-describe
>> style placeholders.  It needs such an optimization even more badly
>> (and has it).  Speeding up other slow placeholder expansions falls
>> out quite naturally.  Please wait just a few minutes..
> 
> Thanks, and take your time, as I am just going to bed, dreaming for a
> perfect series from one of the few people on this list whose patches
> I do not have to read to reject crap, but I do read to get impressed
> and admire ;-)

*blushes*

Well, it's certainly not perfect -- I just noticed I've sent the patches
to your old address.  Would you like me to resend them?

And, of course, I found a conceptual bug (which is impossible to trigger
with the current code, fortunately), while looking over the changes a
last time.  *sigh*.  I'll send a fix right away.

René