Subject: Re: [PATCH] git-cvsimport: Add -N option to force a new import

From: Piet Delaney <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 13:35:22 -0800

Matt McCutchen wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-10-24 at 20:17 -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>> Matt McCutchen <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> I had a git repository for development of rsync and wanted to start
>>> importing the upstream CVS with git-cvsimport, but git-cvsimport saw
>>> that the git repository existed and insisted on updating a previous
>>> import.  This patch adds an -N option to git-cvsimport to force a new
>>> import and updates the documentation appropriately.
>> Sounds like a useful addition.  Tests?
> 
> Good call!  As I was dismayed to discover, the existing files in the
> working tree confused the import,\

What's the confusion? I thought updating of the git repo from cvs 
worked. Sigh.

-piet

>                                   so -N as I implemented it is useless.
> I ended up doing the import a different way; I'll notify the list if I
> get around to implementing -N properly.
> 
> Matt
>