Subject: Re: Inconsistencies with git log

From: Andreas Ericsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 01:11:01 +0100

David Symonds wrote:
> On Nov 8, 2007 10:19 AM, Brian Gernhardt <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> However, Dave's suggestion of altering git-status output to be
>> relative to (but not limited by) CWD has merit.  Too bad I don't have
>> time to work on it right now.
> 
> I am happy to hack on this if there's not widespread revolt against the concept.
> 

I'd definitely like that feature, but I wonder how many people will run
"git commit -a" in a subdir after seeing only what they want to see in the
output, and then accidentally committing junk somewhere else in the repo.

So perhaps git-commit -a should also be path-delimited, but where would we
end up then? It might be better to just let git-status accept a path
delimiter and let the path delimiter default to current work-dir.

-- 
Andreas Ericsson                   [email-masked]
OP5 AB                             www.op5.se
Tel: +46 8-230225                  Fax: +46 8-230231