Subject: Re: linux-2.6 clone with CygWin git

From: Pascal Obry <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 18:16:17 +0100

David Brown a écrit :
> It's because of the case-insensitive nature of the filesystem.  The kernel
> contains both an xt_connmark.h and an xt_CONNMARK.h file, that are
> different.  But only one exists on Windows, so git sees the first one it
> wrote as having been modified.

Probably not something for the list... but if you ask me this is just
bad practice anyway. Casing has no semantic, it is nonsense to have two
files with the same name with different casing!

Pascal.

-- 

--|------------------------------------------------------
--| Pascal Obry                           Team-Ada Member
--| 45, rue Gabriel Peri - 78114 Magny Les Hameaux FRANCE
--|------------------------------------------------------
--|              http://www.obry.net
--| "The best way to travel is by means of imagination"
--|
--| gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --recv-key C1082595