Subject: Re: wishlist: git info

From: Thomas Neumann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 20:24:39 +0100

> But "project description"?  Give me a break.  If you have cloned
> the repository (or learned the existence of repository), you
> already learned from elsewhere what the project is about.
well, not that I asked for the project description, but I see a small
benefit there. The point is not to know what the project is about. You
know, after all you checked it out in the first place. My goal is to
quickly/easily see "what is in this directory".

Perhaps my usage pattern is obscure, but I have something like 40
repositories checked out in different directories, and I sometimes loose
track of what actually is in a certain directory (and in what state). A
simple "ls" is not enough, as some of them look very similar on the top
level. Hence my interest for "git info".

> I haven't spoken in this thread because honestly I found most of
> the things mentioned here were totally uninteresting.
sorry for this. While I find it useful, this is certainly not an
important feature, and I can mimic it now myself.

Thomas