Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] push: Add '--current', which pushes only the current branch

From: Andreas Ericsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 10:27:45 +0100

Junio C Hamano wrote:
> 
> If we can come up with a way to tell projects that use the
> workflow better served with --current, perhaps when a remote is
> added to the repository (either the initial clone or "git remote
> add") and/or when a new branch is created.  If we automatically
> set up the configuration "push.defaultRefs = current" in such a
> case, I suspect that we do not have to have the built-in default
> (at least, the value of the built-in default would not matter
> much).

So when someone who's been using git of today adds a new remote
with a newer git, all of a sudden the default push behaviour
changes for that repo?

-- 
Andreas Ericsson                   [email-masked]
OP5 AB                             www.op5.se
Tel: +46 8-230225                  Fax: +46 8-230231